Welcome to Millennium Park! This tour is perfect for the first-time visitor to the city or for those simply wanting to dig deeper into this unique city park. We are going to explore and experience this amazing park including visiting all of its highlights like The Bean, Crown Fountain, and Lurie Garden. After experiencing our tour, you will come away with a new appreciation of our world-class park and a deeper understanding of Chicago itself.
Avoid the Crowds
Allows you to explore without having to be shoulder-to-shoulder in a large tour group
Written by a long-time Chicago tour guide with a Master of Arts
Easy-to-follow GPS directions to get you from one point to the next on your tour
The Bean, Crown Fountain, and Lurie Garden
Remote Tour Included
As with all our tours, a remote tour is included that can be enjoyed from home
Chicago: Millennium Park
- Millennium Park Introduction - We begin with art and context of this incredible park and discuss its unique features, the key to its worldwide success.
- Millennium Monument & Wrigley Square - This classical structure pays tribute to Chicago’s past, while Millennium Park donors are honored, and wedding parties are drawn here for photos.
- Cloud Gate “The Bean” - We will explore the story of the international sensation that is The Bean, from its inspiration to the effect it has had on Chicago.
- McCormick Tribune Plaza & Ice Rink - We will look at how this popular multipurpose space is used throughout the year.
- Crown Fountain - We will discuss the inspiration behind this unusual fountain which features 1,000 spitting images of Chicagoans.
- Nichols Bridgeway - We will look at how this bridge connects Millennium Park and the Art Institute.
- Modern Wing, Art Institute of Chicago - We will hear from the renowned architect what his intentions were for this significant cultural building
- Lurie Garden - There’s much more than meets the eye at Lurie Garden. We will explore the symbolism and meaning of its design.
- Jay Pritzker Pavilion - We will explore how this amazing structure overcame all the odds to be built and its memorable design.
- BP Pedestrian Bridge -We will look at the distinctive design and engineering that went into this unique bridge.