Discover the historic center of Bogota and the stories which have forged a nation. On our tour, we’ll explore Colombia’s tales of love, war, religion and terrorism etched into the capital’s buildings and monuments.
Iain is a History graduate and academic writer in the social sciences, with a focus in Latin American history and anthropology. From published translations of colonial Mexican manuscripts to research…Read More Bio »
Avoid the Crowds
Allows you to explore without having to be shoulder-to-shoulder in a large tour group
Created by an exceptional travel writer
Written by an academic writer in the social sciences, with a focus in Latin American history and anthropology
Easy-to-follow GPS directions to get you from one point to the next on your tour
Plaza de Bolivar, La Casa del Florero, and El Palacio y Iglesia de San Francisco
Remote Tour Included
As with all our tours, a remote tour is included that can be enjoyed from home
- La Plaza de Bolívar - Discover the quirks and whimsical evolution of Bogota’s main square.
- La Plaza de Bolívar: Buildings - Treat your eyes and ears to the capital’s most iconic buildings, and their historic role in the nation.
- El Observatorio Astronómico Nacional de Colombia - Explore an astonishing observatory which carries the spirit of Colombian independence.
- El Camarín del Carmen - Time-travel to a holy sanctum where sacrilege knew no bounds.
- El Palacio de San Carlos - Delve into a fabled romance which saved a life and made history.
- La Casa del Florero - Discover the story of an iconic household item which paved the way to Colombian independence.
- El Palacio de Justicia - This immaculate building was the site of the capital’s most notorious act of terror.
- The Memorial of Dr. Gaitán - Walk in the footsteps of a man whose murder changed the nation.
- El Palacio y Iglesia de San Francisco and Parque Santander - Discover hidden histories in this bustling neighbourhood, one of the oldest in the city.
- El Museo del Oro - Join us for our final tour point, a curatorial launchpad to contemplate the birthplace of America’s most famous legend.