Discover the historic center of Bogota and the stories which have forged a nation. On our tour, we’ll explore Colombia’s tales of love, war, religion and terrorism etched into the capital’s buildings and monuments.
Avoid the Crowds
Allows you to explore without having to be shoulder-to-shoulder in a large tour group
Created by an exceptional travel writer
Written by an academic writer in the social sciences, with a focus in Latin American history and anthropology
Easy-to-follow GPS directions to get you from one point to the next on your tour
Plaza de Bolivar, La Casa del Florero, and El Palacio y Iglesia de San Francisco
Remote Tour Included
As with all our tours, a remote tour is included that can be enjoyed from home
- La Plaza de Bolívar - Discover the quirks and whimsical evolution of Bogota’s main square.
- La Plaza de Bolívar: Buildings - Treat your eyes and ears to the capital’s most iconic buildings, and their historic role in the nation.
- El Observatorio Astronómico Nacional de Colombia - Explore an astonishing observatory which carries the spirit of Colombian independence.
- El Camarín del Carmen - Time-travel to a holy sanctum where sacrilege knew no bounds.
- El Palacio de San Carlos - Delve into a fabled romance which saved a life and made history.
- La Casa del Florero - Discover the story of an iconic household item which paved the way to Colombian independence.
- El Palacio de Justicia - This immaculate building was the site of the capital’s most notorious act of terror.
- The Memorial of Dr. Gaitán - Walk in the footsteps of a man whose murder changed the nation.
- El Palacio y Iglesia de San Francisco and Parque Santander - Discover hidden histories in this bustling neighbourhood, one of the oldest in the city.
- El Museo del Oro - Join us for our final tour point, a curatorial launchpad to contemplate the birthplace of America’s most famous legend.