Our our tour, we’ll take you on a fascinating journey back in time as we discover the Taj Mahal: its many secrets and mysteries, architectural features and find out why it is the universal symbol of love.
Avoid the Crowds
Allows you to explore without having to be shoulder-to-shoulder in a large tour group
Created by an exceptional travel writer
Written by a Jaipiur-based travel writer
Easy-to-follow GPS directions to get you from one point to the next on your tour
The Great Gate, the Taj Mahal Mughal Garden and the Dome
Remote Tour Included
As with all our tours, a remote tour is included that can be enjoyed from home
- Great Gate - This is the main entry point into the Taj Mahal inner region. The Darwaza-i-Rauza is the first magnificent structure with elaborate ornamentation that the visitor comes across.
- Taj Mahal Full View Point - This is where you get the first glimpse of the entire Taj Mahal structure including the central dome and the four minarets. A great place to get amazing shots of the monument and understand its plan.
- Taj Mahal Mughal Garden - The Mughal gardens are built in the Charbagh style and are compartmentalized into four parts. These model the Islamic concept of paradise laden with water and natural beauty.
- The Taj Minarets - The Taj minarets are associated with several legends. There are four identical minarets, one on each of the four corners of the structure.
- The Dome and the Finial - The crowning glory of the Taj Mahal is the beautiful central dome which is truly colossal. It is topped by the finial which blends elements from both Hindu and Islamic traditions.
- The Mosque - The Mosque and its jawab help reinforce symmetry in the structure and reflect the emperor’s quest for perfectionism. This is the place for worshippers and is a fine example of the use of red sandstone.
- The Yamuna River - As important is the Taj and its unmatched beauty, so is the significance of the Yamuna river which helps build a solid foundation for the Taj Mahal to rest on.
- Taj Museum -The Taj Museum narrates all stories related to the Taj Mahal and its construction. There are several important artifacts inside including swords, utensils, site plans, paintings, and manuscripts which provide a glimpse into the life of the bygone times.